Old June 21st 05, 07:26 PM
The Real Bev

Bob Ward wrote:

> > wrote:
>
> >Indeed. Daughter's regular membership got us towed to the local station, but
> >extreme measures were needed to get it home. Then we decided to send it to
> >the knackers we had to push it to El Monte on the freeway. Hint: An old tire
> >tied to the front of the pushing vehicle and/or the back of the pushed vehicle
> >makes things a lot less stressful.

> Did they offer you enough more to deliver it to the wrecking yard not
> running to make it worth risking your life and countless others
> pushing a disabled car on the freeway?

We're not stupid and we didn't endanger anybody, even ourselves. You push it
up to speed, let it coast, and when it slows down you come up, give it another
push, let it coast... By then we were really good at it.

> The pennysaver, greensheet and
> recycler are filled with ads from wreckers who will pick up your
> disabled car and still give you a few bucks for your trouble.

$200 vs nothing, and they didn't even want to come pick it up for free. It
was a holiday weekend, as I recall, and they were the only people open.

--
Cheers, Bev