Old December 19th 04, 11:46 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:30:12 GMT, JFM >
wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:04:11 GMT, "« Paul »" <"
> wrote:
>
>Has to be something that keeps the starter from working at all.
>Jumping from another vehicle doesn't help. Seems to rule out battery
>issues.
>
>If it was out of gas, the starter would still work.
>
>Which of these could cause these symptoms:
>ign.mod, crank sensor, neutral switch?
>
>Thanks,
>JFM

You have to look at the vehicle. Or pay someone else to do it for
you.

1st thing is check the grounding point(s) for the B- of battery.
2nd thing to check is your vacuum hoses for leaks, disconnections.
3rd thing is wiring to your Throttle Positon Sensor, or possibly this
itself is bad.

I have a *scanner,* and my scanner tells me that at idle, my throttle
position sensor is at 18.4% of full scale. If you don't have a
scanner, your ****ing in the wind, you don't -know- anything about it.

There is the possibility you have a malfunctioning mass air flow
sensor. At idle, I am taking on 0.52 to 0.63 pounds of air per minute
for a 14.7:1 air to fuel ratio.

I could go on, but you get the idea. You need some diagnostic tools
if you want to fix this by yourself.

If you are a hobbyist like I am, buy a scanner ( not just a code
reader ) and DIY. Or, bring it to a shop/dealer and pay, pay, and pay
some more. In the end, you will have paid enough to probably buy your
own scanner and then some.

Lg