Old October 12th 04, 12:46 PM
Richard Sperry

Ok let's get this straight. The inlet neck of the radiator does fail with
age, it might also seem related to over-tightening of the clamp. The plastic
water pump in question was superceded in production in 10/95 by a metal
impeller, which was further updated with another 'better plastic" one.
Either way a 97 is not affected.

The radiator cap was part of a recall on the E36 I don't know the years, but
you can look it up.

What electronics were ruined by coolant? I would think that unless the
coolant sprayed into the component, it would be hard to ruin anything...

om...