Old May 22nd 04, 01:34 AM
Pete M

In t,
MeatballTurbo > decided to enlighten our
sheltered souls with a rant as follows
> In article > ,
> spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...
>> To be honest, if you're looking for something to run on a budget,
>> stick with the C900s.
>>

> As I've said, I'm looking to go upmarket a bit.
>
> Something newer will ultimatley be more reliable with care and
> attention (even if it is potentialy fragile) than something with
> 20years wear and tear on it.
>
> And although the newer Alfas don't rust too badly unless accident
> damaged, contrary to belief, older saabs do, not normally structural
> but by the age of mine, it can be (had to do a plate on an inner
> wheel arch, and someone did some previously to the radiator/front
> engine mount cross member).
>
> it will also have less wear and tear than anything else.

If you're serious about wanting an Alfa, go and speak to Gus in AlfaTune in
St Helens. He's a good guy, bit weird, but he knows his stuff. Dont' bother
trying to get sense out of him on the phone though, he's hopeless, and
Greek.

--
Pete M - Ford Capri !!! - Mercedes 500 SEL,

Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain