Old March 18th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Question about motor swap in a 1987 GTI

No I am pretty sure that the clutch disc has to match the different input
shafts of the transmission! :-)
If you compare the discs you will find that they are basically the same and
only different when mounting on the trans.
Either will fit inbetween the flywheel and pressure plate and work. ;-)
Now that is if we are talking about A2 clutch components! lol

--

later,
dave