Old May 22nd 04, 01:32 AM
Pete M

In k,
SteveH > decided to enlighten our sheltered souls
with a rant as follows

>> What are the chances of finding a 75 or a 155 with Leather (working
>> aircon if possible) mint condition (or good useable in the case of
>> the 75) with a 2 litre for under £2k?

> 75 with leather. Never made one. If you find one it'll be an
> aftermarket retrim.

********. the Anniversary, for one, had leather. In fact the manager of the
Stag pub in Warrington was selling one not so long ago for about £1500..

> 155s only came with leather on the V6. Trust me, you can't run a V6
> on a budget. 15mpg. Suits you, sir ;-)

Nah, you can get more than that from a V6, unless you thrash it

> For £2k you'll get a nice 16v 155, or a V6. But, even the 16v isn't a
> 'budget' car. For running on the cheap you'd have to have an 8v
> engine.

Or gimme a shout, and I'll get your cambelts done for about £150 all in.

--
Pete M - Ford Capri !!! - Mercedes 500 SEL,

Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain