Old December 1st 04, 04:29 AM
Rick DeBay

The system expects braking forces of only 150 to 200 pounds to be used during
braking. If it senses 265 pounds, it shuts down. The problem is that up to 330
pounds can be applied during an emergency stop (from the translation).

I've seen drivers large enough that they could apply this much force easily.
How long until a US recall?

Babelfish translation links:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...l=1&lp =de_en
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...ntl=1&lp=de_en