Old July 14th 05, 09:02 PM
Spud Demon

writes in article .com> dated 13 Jul 2005 16:14:36 -0700:
>Had a new clutch put in my 2WD 1993 Dodge Stealth a month ago -
>$900.00. It starts the day just fine with no slipping and quick
>acceleration. After about 10-20 miles it starts slipping terribly in
>all gears where the RPM's go from 2000 to 4000 without ANY
>acceleration.
>
>Why does this happen only after 10-20 miles are driven? Is it
>overheating? Could it be the wrong clutch parts? Is it overheating? Do
>I have a leak of some kind (I see no fluid on the driveway)? Thanks for
>any thoughts

Hydraulic clutch, right?

It sounds like there could be air in the system, something that expands when
it gets warm. If that's the case it needs to be "bled". This is something
that the shop should do, since it was probably their carelessness which
allowed air into the system.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.