Old December 31st 04, 02:07 PM
Mel P.

It can be done without removing the body. It's actually more difficult. I
speak from experience. You have to know exactly what and where to weld so
you don't end up welding the pan to the chassis. Measure, measure and
measure...especially the diagonals of the door opening.

--
Mel

77 Revived Bug & 70 Ghia Cabriolet
www.geocities.com/mpernice
PARTS FOR SALE: http://www.geocities.com/njvwclub/vwparts/index.htm
"Dave" > wrote in message
> What I mean is ...
> Do I have to remove the body from the pan or is it possible to do it

without
> that. The front well is damaged around the heater channel as well, but the
> rear of the beetle is OK.
> I just want to know if you can slide it in or you need to split the pan

from