Old August 23rd 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default 74 BUG AUTO STICK SHIFT

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> calm down and take the caps off please.
> what is wrong with yours. clutch, gears or ???
> I think the '74s had the Park feature too.
>
> You also have the option of installing a manual trans too! ;-)
>
> later,
> dave
> (One out of many daves)
>
> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> >I AM LOOKING TO REPLACE MY AUTOMATIC STICK SHIFT TRANSMISSION. OR HAVE
> > THE OLD ONE OVERHAULED. DOES ANYONE SUPPORT THESE ??

I just did a conversion in a 73 beetle from semi-auto to 4 speed manul
and have the good semi-auto tranny and all its components minus vacuum
lines if your looking for them.

You always want to replace the bolts that hold the plate to the torque
plate after they have been removed, and understand there is also a
clutch disc to this set-up.
I have customers that are still running with semi-auto trannys so found
my self learning real quick how to deal with them.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto