Old December 20th 04, 12:52 AM
« Paul »

JFM wrote:
> =

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:04:11 GMT, "=AB Paul =BB" <"
> > wrote:
> =

> Has to be something that keeps the starter from working at all.
> Jumping from another vehicle doesn't help. Seems to rule out battery
> issues.
> =

> If it was out of gas, the starter would still work.
> =

> Which of these could cause these symptoms:
> ign.mod, crank sensor, neutral switch?
> =

> Thanks,
> JFM

If the starter does not work at all AND there is no click at the
solenoid, then I would suspect one of these:
neutral start switch, ignition switch, bad ground, bad hot connection.
Check/clean the connections at the starter and soleniod and see if that
helps.
If the solenoid clicks, then it could be solenoid or bad connections,
hot and/or ground, or bad starter.

The crank sensor and/or ign.mod would not prevent cranking but would
prevent starting - if they were bad.

Hmmm... Since the car died suddenly on the road and would not crank,
I would look for bad connections, hot or ground, or a fried fusable link.=