Old July 9th 05, 12:19 PM
Adam

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 08:47:29 +0000, John Birrell wrote:

> Hi All,
> I regularly get petrol fumes inside my beetle ( 1973 1200cc) ...always
> when I fill about a 1/3 tank or over, and also going on and off
> round-abouts. I assume there must be a leak in the tank but I can't see

I got the smell of petrol whenever I turned left because my petrol cap was
leaking. It only happened for me too when the tank was almost full.

I never noticed it going on roundabouts though, the only thing I get on
roundabouts is that the petrol guage can go from half to full if I go
round a big roudabout a couple of times

--
Adam