Old August 4th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default Speed limit change

> Harry K said in rec.autos.driving:

> Now there is a well studied SL change. The road in question is a
> gravel road that runs about 2 1/2 miles. Been awhile since I was over
> it but I can only think of 4 or 5 residences in that stretch. The area
> was just annexed two weeks ago by the city to allow a big developer
> from Az to build yuppie mini farms (minimum 5 acre). That will be at
> least a year down the road but what the hey! It is now city so that
> means the SL is 25 and to hell with logic. I suspect that decision
> will probably not last out the month. You don't mess with the sacred 7
> and one of them lives up there. My guess is that reason will prevail
> and the posted will be 35 or 40 when the subdivision is in as it will
> be a major arterial for the yuppies.

My guess is that the city will use the road for a revenue farm when the
yuppie farms are finally built.

Clarification needed: "sacred 7?"

"You jump in front of my car when you,
you know all the time that
Ninety miles an hour, girl, is the speed I drive
You tell me it's alright, you don't mind a little pain
You say you just want me to take you for a ride "
--Jimi Hendrix