Old October 12th 04, 08:37 AM
S.J. Ewen

> Having problems posting so I apologise if I've posted this already.
>
> Has anyone used any OBD-II software for ALfa and if so which one?
>
> WOuld VAG-COM work (i.e. software for AUdi/Voltswagon).
>
> I'd like some simple software to read fault codes and maybe to clear
> them. Oh and being able to program new keys would be good cos I need a
> spare one.

Hi Mick

Any info you find out, please post. There is a product called DEC Superscan
which has an Alfa module. I have asked for a price, but have not had a
reply (I can only imagine that it's expensive). So far as I can work out,
you need an ISO interface which *should* enable you to perform some basic
functions with generic software which should include error code reading
resetting. For anything more sophisticated, the software may require usage
of the KWP2000 protocol (think this is dependent on the age of your Alfa),
and an understanding of the Alfa systems. In fact, I'm just about to bite
the bullet, get an interface and try it.

Rgds

Stuart