Old January 20th 05, 12:12 AM
Erik Dillenkofer

Yes to the first question, the phatbox comes with software for ripping CDs to mp3s and for creating playlists. You can set up as
many playlists as you'd like and select the playlist to listen to ... you can also browse/play by artist, you can browse/play by
album, you can browse/play by genre.

The random (mix) feature plays tracks at random from the entire collection, I haven't found any other possibility (although the
phatbox.ini can be edited and there is a line in there about random play ... but I haven't deciphered or edited that portion of the
..ini file ... yet).