Old December 16th 04, 10:19 PM
chuckk

The parking brake need to be adjusted. The adjustment is under a bolt on
each rear wheel hub behind the brake caliper.. www.miata.net has a garage
section that should describe the needed operation.

You will also find niformation detailing various top and rear window
replacements and alternatives.
The reference to leaking is undoubtedly related to a plastic part that
often cracks when removed top replace a top or rear window. Eithe the
plastic part is replaced when it cracks, or it can possibly be sealed with a
non acedic form of RTV. The part referred to is not visible until the nuts
around the bottom rear of the top are removed, and the metal top retainer is
also removed, allowing the bottom of the top to be loose, and not bolted to
the car body. Naturally, all of this is under the rear deck carpet, so the
first step is to remove the cross brace behind the seats, then the carpet.
You will likely need a tool to remove all the plastic buttons holding the
carpet in place. On an older Miata, you can expect several of them to
shatter, requiring replacement. Fortunately, the usual black ones may be
available at a parts store. The other colors are likely to be a dealer order
item. Trussville mazda is a discount dealer with web presence. Again, I'd
refer you to www.miata.net for a list of various vendors.

"Max" <max> wrote in message ...
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a '93 'V-Special' Edition Miata, and had the following
> questions:
>
> 1) The suspension has been lowered slightly by the previous owner, but I
> remember driving a Miata with a stock suspension setup last month, and I
> prefer that 'softer' ride. I was wondering if deflating/inflating the tyre
> pressure would help here. Can someone suggest an appropriate pressure (in
> psi preferably?) Or another way to soften the ride other than altering
> suspension?
>
> 2) Parking on a steep hill with the handbrake up causes the Miata to make
> horrible screechy noise for a good few seconds. It also has to be pulled
> right up, very hard, to get it to stop rolling back. Engaging first or
> reverse helps, but its like it wants to roll down! Is this normal, given
> its
> a fairly steep slope?
>
> 3) The rear plastic on the softop (to see out of the back) is in terrible
> condition and requires replacing. The manufacturerar quotes a sum of about
> $500, and I was told doing it from anyone else risks water leakage. Is
> there
> any truth to this, and do the majority of owners use side mirrors rather
> than the interior?
>
> Thanks for your help,

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.