Old November 6th 04, 08:58 PM
BANDIT2941

>Oh, thats news to me. While I was driving in, as soon as I noticed it I
>turned off my lights and the indicator went away for a few moments before
>coming back on. I then turned off my stereo system and once again the
>indicator dissapeared for a few minutes only to eventually come back.
>
>How worried should I be right now about this?, should I get this checked
>immediately or should I be able to wait till early next week (got a week
>off) to bring the car in?

You should be VERY worried about making it anywhere. The fact that the light
came on, then went off when you turned the lights off, then turned on a few
minutes later, then back off when you turend the stereo off, then came back
on......that means the alternator isn't charging, you're running only on the
battery - and the battery is almost dead!

It will rapidly decline until the light comes on every time you hit the brake
pedal(current draw from brake lights). Shortly after the gauges will all go to
zero. Soon after that you won't be driving the car.