Old February 2nd 05, 01:32 AM
Defiant

SVTKate wrote:
> My best guess would be that the part is an aftermarket interior rocker panel
> molding that someone thought would look good.
> Did you know that you can go to www.kbb.com and get the prices on cars ...
> for free?
> All you have to do is enter the info that the dealer has given you here and
> it will give you a basis for comparison.
>
> Another idea is to go ahead and sign up with Carfax. www.carfax.com
> That way when you are looking at cars you can run the vin numbers and get a
> peek at their "undies" so to speak.
> I think that you can run certain checks for free but a full report would be
> preferred.
>
> Happy hunting!
>
> Kate
> Oh and one more... one of the guys gave me this little goodie:
> www.tinyurl.com
>

> "Defiant" > wrote in message
>
> SVTKate wrote:
>
> On the "door sill" ?
> Do you mean part you step over, or where the door latch is (and all the
> other vehicle information is given)?
>
> where you step over to get in the car there is a plate that has SVT on it,
> on the drivers side anyway.
> kinda confused me there hadn't seen that one before,this car is very nice.
> here's a link to the car.
> http://www.getauto.com/cardetail.html?vin=1FAFP45X13F375437&searchCriteri a=BROWSEPROCESS|yes/COUNTY|/DEALER_ID|25259/DESIRED_PAGE|3/DISTANCE|/FROM_YEAR|/HIGH_PRICE|/KEYWORDS|/LOW_PRICE|/MAKE|/MAKE_ID|/MODEL|/SORT|YEAR/STATE|/TO_YEAR|/WHICHWAY|DESC/YEAR|/YEAR_MATCH|/ZIP_CODE|
>
> Defiant
>

> "Defiant" > wrote in message

>>| Hey Guys I'm back again and this time I've found one that I'm kinda
>>| interested in but at the moment I'm really not sure about the price and
>>the
>>| car, here's the specs tell me what you think.
>>| 2003 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
>>| Auto (really want a stick but hard to find around here in good shape)
>>| 19000.k miles
>>| Dark blue with the Tan Leather int.
>>| Alloy wheels and all options
>>| Mach stereo, pony pkg, one other question it has on the door sill SVT by
>>| ford what does that mean?
>>| asking 19,900 take probably 18,500
>>| checked on ins today it came out to $535 for 6 months so that I can
>>handle.
>>| still want a cobra too but INS. plus the added cost is kinda letting
>>that
>>| go, but I might still look around and see what I can find..
>>| opinions?
>>|

>>| --
>>| Defiant
>>|
>>| Defiant Till the end

well that is a thought, but i went back over there today and nope it's
factory, i looked at it really close and according to the man that
bought the car new. it was on there when he bought the car as part of a
package on this car. the dealership called him and asked him i have his
name and number if i want i can call him as well.
as for KBB yeah I've used them in the past but they really don't reflect
the true market value of anything. i got a sheet from the salesman that
had the same price's and info the KBB puts out. probably from KBB.
But when i checked it out further today the car is only really in market
value is loan value around here, which is nearly 18 thousand for this car.
i like to discuss things like this with people who don't have a interest
in the money part of this deal someone who doesn't know me or the car
from another point of view.
i already have a car fax on it from the dealership and yes i have access
to car fax through on of my car clubs. car fax tells you allot of the
story but not all. this car has been well taken car of and adult driven
the man just needed a bigger vehicle.
Thanks Kate for the reply
Defiant