Old July 10th 06, 05:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
George Graves

Default Turbonator

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> What do you think about this?
>
> https://www.turbonator.com/index.html

There are a number of these devices on the market here in the USA, and
they are supposed to make your car more efficient. In fact, some new
cars, like the Corvette and the Mustang on this side of the pond, have
versions of this "technology" designed-in. Here's the problem. Nothing
like this can be universal. It depends upon how youur induction system
works. If your car is turbocharged or supercharged, putting a device in
the intake to cause the air to vortex would do nothing at all.
Similarily, any advatage to rotating the air mass would be lost on cars
with big-volume air plennums such as those found on the fuel-injected
Alfa V-6s, but I can see so-called "throttle-body", and direct injection
systems benefitting somewhat from turbulated air. Caveat Emptor.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men