Old July 16th 05, 04:41 AM
C.H.

James C. Reeves wrote:

[whine...]

If GM sales are down, GM is at fault. If they are up, GM still is at fault.

The 'employee discount' campaign is not so successful because the savings
are greater than they were before but because people know they get a decent
deal without having to haggle for all kinds of 'college discount' and
'dealer incentive' and so on.

Face it, most people do not like to haggle. And I think the discounts, many
of them with conditions attached or '2 at this price' were not making many
people wanting to buy. I personally love to haggle but I know I am the
exception, which is why a straightforward marketing campaign like 'you pay
what we pay' is successful.

And if GM keeps up the good marketing more and more people are going to
notice that GM doesn't sell a Citation or Pontiac 6000 any more but good
cars for the money.

Chris