Old June 23rd 05, 10:04 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Dave Hinz wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:44:14 -0400, Daniel J. Stern > wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Jun 2005, Dave Hinz wrote:
> >
> >> Excellent. So what specifically have I stated that's incorrect, then?

> > Oh, y'know, this 'n' that. Two name changes and five fatal flaws on the
> > Chrysler transmissions, that sort of thing.

> Well, Steve posted the 3 names,

No, Steve posted the same thing I posted: "Ultradrive" was never an
official name of the transmission, it was just a bit of hype used in car
brochures. The transmission was known as A604 until all automakers changed
their transmissions' designations in the mid '90s to conform to SAE
nomenclature. Therefore, this "Two name changes! TWO NAME CHANGES!" shriek
of yours is a complete red herring.

> So, are you contending that there's only 4 fatal flaws

Please don't put words in my mouth -- we hardly know each other.

> To respond with "too bad, we knew about it, and chose to fail to fix it,
> but it's your problem" to a known engineering defect is inexcusable.

Certainly, but that's not what you've been arguing.