Old May 5th 05, 10:06 PM
SpeedyJim

"Noice87" wrote:
> Is their a web site that list which parts from different years
> can be
> swapped ot other years? I just picked up a 66 and would like
> to use
> the body on my 68 chasis.
>
> Thanks Steven

Your ’68 is IRS (autostick). The ’66 body will fit with minor
relocation of a rear support.
There is the question of the 2 tanks (vac and fluid) for the autostick
plus the control solenoid, but should be "no hill for a climber".
Brake fluid res will have to be fudged in.
All the ’66 6V stuff has to be re-done.

A MUCH bigger question is the fact that you wind up with a car with
TWO different VIN’s.
There are 50 states and 50 different sets of rules for dealing with
this. Check into it with your state before deciding.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/VW-Aircool...ict118747.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=576700