Old March 2nd 05, 08:51 PM
KingWalter

Default Please Help.

Hi all
Some of you might recognize this problem from awhile back, but recently
I have had schoolwork and haven't had much time to work on my car.
The starter solenoid was bad. I replaced the starter from one I got
out of a donor car (which actually started). The problem is, when I
connect the battery, the starter runs without the key in the ignition.
I've looked over the wiring and checked it according to the repair
manual. All the wiring looks correct. The only spare wires go to the
AC and the alternator. The AC the previous owner sold and the
alternator is not installed (needs brackets). Before I changed the
starter, all the cars electrical worked and at the neutral safety
switch. I received 12 volts when cranked.
Please Help.