Old November 2nd 04, 02:24 AM
Larry Gadbois

With the high cost of getting an R-12 system serviced, a 20 lb cannister
could be worth $500 or more. The change to R-134 was made in 1994. Most AC
systems if regularly used will hold the refrigerant indefinitely. The AC
may work without any service for 20 or 30 years. AC systems designed for
R-12 will last the longest if they are used weekly for a few minutes and the
R-12 is topped off when necessary.

news