Old September 7th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave Weaver

Default RFactor: F1 1979 Sound Update - No Engine Sound!

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:21:33 -0400, BRH <BRH> wrote:
> After installing the 1979 F1 Mod sound update file
> (F11979Demo-soundupdate25.08.06.rar) in RFactor 1.15, the mod no longer
> has any engine sounds. It has the wind sound, the road noise sound and
> impact/collision sounds - just no engine sounds.
>
> The other mods/cars seem to have all of their sounds intact and functional.
>
> Anyone have a fix for this? Is there a way to undo just the sound
> update install?

I've also experienced the same silent '79 engines. I'm sure the sound
was OK when I first installed this mod, but the last few times I tried
it I just get the other sounds (such as the tires and rattling) - it's
a most spooky effect!

I've not installed a sound update, so I'm not convinced that this is
the cause of your problem.

However, I have installed a great many other track & car mods, and
I guess it's possible one of them is interfering. Wish I knew what it
was...

Dave