Old December 6th 04, 09:07 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:52:03 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
>> offhand, and they have your service manual *online.*

>Alldata.

Yah, thanks. Alldata. I've heard a lot about it but haven't signed
up ( yet ).

> Naw, they don't. They have *THEIR* service manual online. It
>contains somebody else's digest of information that comes from several
>sources. Many procedures are reasonably complete, others aren't.

hmmmmm

>> A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put
>> together into the binders, and is a monstrosity.

>Horse****. A physical shop manual consists of one or a few volumes,
>usually totalling about 5 pounds and fitting easily on a bookshelf. How do
>I know? Well, it might have something to do with the twenty or thirty
>factory service manuals I own.

So, that is horse****. I bought a service manual for a car and it
came in two cardboard boxes. And it was big, and it was heavy. Maybe
my memory of it isn't as clear as it should be, but I remember big,
and I remember heavy.

Of course, I'm not the "Hulk" you probably are, I'm just a little guy.

>> And unless you're changing out the rod bearings on your pistons or
>> something, it seems to be a *bit* of overkill for most repairs you would
>> make as a hobbyist.

>If you're trying to replace "rod bearings on your pistons", you've got
>much bigger problems than what manual to use.

exactly so

>> Sometimes it makes more sense to bring the dang thing into a qualified
>> service shop.

>Sometimes it makes more sense to know what the hell you're talking about
>before you post.

blow it out your ass.
I've been around longer than you have chump ( with a small c ). And I
know more than you do, chump. Maybe not about any one particular
thing, but things in general.

Outta my way, sleezeball. BTW, ever finish high school did we?

Lg

>DS

DS for damn shame.