Old June 13th 05, 01:21 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> What an incredible lack of scientific acumen...

spin all you wish, i proved you wrong and its obvious that it burns. :-)

> They're not lining up to
> support you

heh....its been such easy work that "support" simply isnt required.

> my personal email from this
> little flamefest is going %100 my way.

BUWHAHAHA! the old "my email" ploy. i _knew_ it was only a matter of time
before you resorted that that one. :-)

> Seriously, using a leak-checker manual to debate
> the NOAA.

the NOAA statement is nothing more than "could be's". my link, written by
the very engineers you seem to worship, clearly states that refrigerant
falls due to its weight with no room for doubt. you can pout, cry, whine,
or attempt to spin off the issue as many times as you like but the statement
is absolute and conclusive. here ya go. :-)

from http://www.bacharach-training.com/methods.htm near the bottom under
electronic leak detectors:
"Refrigerant has a higher specific volume than air, therefore refrigerants
will fall when exposed to atmospheric pressures. This means leak detecting
on the bottom sides of the piping or components will be more effective in
detecting a leak and will save you time."

from http://tif.com/manuals/TIFZX1.pdf (operating manual of the electronic
leak detector that i personally use):
"Be aware that refrigerants are invariably heavier than air and will tend to
fall from or collect below actual leak points/sources. Searching below
areas of potential leaks is invariably the most effective and reliable way
of finding such."

:-)

--
Nathan W. Collier