Old August 8th 04, 10:07 PM

(SteveH) wrote in message >...
> Alfistagj > wrote:
>
> > "DJ" > schreef in bericht
> > > Interestingly I did drive towards a couple of Gendarmes with a speed gun

> on
> > > the A16 who simply let me drive by ?

> > Speed gun with camara = ticket in the mail box!!
> > Much better "business" for them; saves them a lot of time not having to stop
> > you!

> AFAIK, the French police can't do this to a British license holder - not
> yet, anyway.

I don't know about the French law on this but, it was said on the news
that in Britain the law is about to be changed soon to enable the
police to give on the spot fines to all vehicles coming into Britain
who speed or do any other offences. At the moment they just give a
warning for most things and send them on their way. So beware if you
are touring Britain in the future.
John, UK.