Old August 8th 04, 09:43 AM
DJ

"Dutchie" > wrote in message

> "DJ" > wrote in message

> > What a great car ! - I have just completed about 1500 miles to France

and
> > back for my hols. On the autoroutes , etc I set the cruise control to

> about
> > 136KM and got about 28MPG over a 1000 miles - pretty good going

> considering
> > the car was fully loaded with suitcases, etc plus 4 people - over

400miles
> > to a tank.
> >

> A warning: French police are very keen nowadays on foreigners going too
> fast.
> You have to pay cash on the spot, so bring some extra euros with you

Interestingly I did drive towards a couple of Gendarmes with a speed gun on
the A16 who simply let me drive by ? I wondered if they had a policy not to
be too strict with foreigners in case they effected tourism !
The road was very clear and I could have easily been travelling at 160KM and
not felt it - and some drivers were passing me at that speed, perhaps they
were only interested in the real speed abusers.

DJ