Old August 7th 04, 10:16 PM
DJ

Default Trip to France and back in my AR 166 2.5 V6

What a great car ! - I have just completed about 1500 miles to France and
back for my hols. On the autoroutes , etc I set the cruise control to about
136KM and got about 28MPG over a 1000 miles - pretty good going considering
the car was fully loaded with suitcases, etc plus 4 people - over 400miles
to a tank.

When on normal N roads overtaking lorries up hill, again fully loaded, was
effortless.

When you want a nice smooth civillised ride - it delivers, and then when
you need it to wake up and respond quickly - it delivers ! We all got to our
Gite in France after 4.5hrs motoring very cool and fresh.
In actual fact driving the car through the French countryside for me became
a very enjoyable part of the holiday !.

I've had my 1st AR for 2 months now and it really has justified its self - I
simply love the 166 and I just know that my next car will almost certainly
be another 166.

The only puzzle I have overall is the oil consumption - the car has now done
4,000 miles and has not needed not single a drop of oil - (it uses Selenia
20K 10W40) - I thought it would certainly use some during the run in period
of 1000 miles (and I really did run the engine in properly).

DJ
( A Happy Ar 166 Owner)