Old September 21st 04, 04:15 AM
md

Default Need Tire Recommendation for 97 E39

Hi. My 540i with 150k miles needs yet another set of tires.

Had been putting Michelin Pilot 235/45ZR17s on them but they don't see to
last, and the last batch have been really uneven (flat spots on parts of the
front tires causing thump thump etc.)

So, am looking for a decent but inexpensive set of tires....with good
traction and decent wear history.

My local tire guys and mechanic are recommending V or W rated tires...I can
get
Cooper Zeon tires for $103 each (plus mounting, etc.)
Dayton tires for $111
Dunlop for $164

Any recommendations? I like the $103/111 price range for this older car.
just want a smooth ride again and 30-40k more miles. Please share.

Thanks, Mark info ((at))) kramden ..dot.. net