Old May 13th 05, 03:43 PM
The Real Tom

http://members.cox.net/ylosk/private...rth_ground.htm
>If any of you have tried this type of solution please let me know it
>works. Thanks

Actually I've found air humidity has more to do with static discharge.
Static electricity is normally built up moving against fabric, and it
it's humid, it is discharged to the air with no sense of it. But when
it's dry, no discharge happens till you touch something and that's a
zap.

You might notice it more if you live in dry areas, or run you a/c
alot, but you can help prevent the build up if you fight static at the
source. I've heard of people wiping down car seats with new dryer
sheets when they clean their car out. This imparts some of the anti
static chemicals on the seat. I've been even told that one guy used
downy in his carpets when cleaning them to knock down the static zaps.

hth, please tell us what you found out.

later,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com