Old May 13th 05, 08:40 AM
Erik

http://members.cox.net/ylosk/private...p_earth_ground
> .htm
> If any of you have tried this type of solution please let me know it
> works. Thanks

Static straps have been around forever. Back before they started
compounding conductive materials in tires, they were most popular.

I've installed a few for folks over the years, and have had better luck
trying to get them as close as possible to the 'track' line of either
the L or R tires... so the driver can straddle road debris without the
strap slapping everything. They don't look as good there though. An 'Old
Timer' mechanic friend tells me they occasionally get wrapped up in, and
are ripped off by road debris, and should be mounted so they can break
away without doing damage to the vehicle.

Some large aircraft have then to this day, they're small, and hang down
between the tires of the main landing gear 'bogie trucks'.

Aircraft of all descriptions are always grounded before fueling... if
being fueled from a truck, the A/C and truck are also grounded together.

Spraying your car seats down with some of that laundry anti static spray
stuff will help some... they also used to sell it at Radio Shack to
spray on carpets around computers.

If you know your charged up, and want to ease the shock a little, hold
onto the metal part of a key, then touch something grounded with same
(so the arc happens between the key and the grounded object). Wetting
your fingers to make a little better contact between you and the the key
helps a little more.

I have a neighbor who's home carpet is really bad about static...
especially when the humidity's low in the winter. I hold my keys the
whole time I'm over there, and ground myself regularly. Switch plate
screw heads usually work wonderfully... or should anyway. SNAP!

Erik