Old May 13th 05, 05:25 AM
Old Wolf

> Many are familiar with the static electricity problem when exiting
> their car. Apparently it has something to do with some of the newer
> tire compounds. I have heard solutions ranging from spraying cloth
> seats with a fabric softener solution to "remembering" to touch the
> metal frame before leaving your car.

In my Toyota, I clamp my hand firmly on the metal window frame,
then step out of my car, and remove my hand once the rest of
me is completely clear of the car. But sometimes the static
still occurs ( eg. if I let go my hand, then touch the car again
immediately, I get the zap ). So there must be more to it than
that.