Old May 13th 05, 02:06 AM

Default static electricity shock when exiting car (97 Accord) - anti-static straps?

Many are familiar with the static electricity problem when exiting
their car. Apparently it has something to do with some of the newer
tire compounds. I have heard solutions ranging from spraying cloth
seats with a fabric softener solution to "remembering" to touch the
metal frame before leaving your car.
I saw another option that seems much more practical.
I am wondering if these things actually work.
http://members.cox.net/ylosk/private...rth_ground.htm
If any of you have tried this type of solution please let me know it
works. Thanks