Old August 7th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Default 95 Del Sol VTEC intermittent fan problem

gmccx wrote:

> The blower assembly removed just like that - three screws. The PIA part
> was getting the fan off the shaft and getting the motor out of the
> plastic housing such that I could even See the brushes/commutator.
>
> Dremmel tool... couldn't live without it. I used a small cup shaped wire
> brush attachment (maybe 3/8" dia.) to clean off the contacts of the
> commutator. Works pretty well for that because I don't really want to
> remove a lot of metal but rather just get all the oxidized and
> non-metallic stuff off there.

I get you. I was picturing the Carbide cut-off wheels. Luv 'em !!

I always use the air hose inside that plastic cover to blow out all the
shed carbon powder. Also end up looking like a bad Al Jolson
impersonator. :-(

Stay safe. 'Curly'