Old August 7th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
gmccx

Default 95 Del Sol VTEC intermittent fan problem

[answering myself here I guess]

I pulled the relay and got it open for a look at the contacts. They were
somewhat burned so I cleaned them up a bit, put the relay back and got
it to not start within minutes. With the switch on and the fan motor not
running I reached over and popped the bottom of the motor with my hand.
It started right up.

So I pulled the blower and eventually got it apart enough to see the
commutator which had a few blacker than the others spots. I cleaned that
all up with a small wire brush/Dremel tool and put it all back together.
We'll see now what happens over some time, but I suspect that was it.
Just a dead-ish spot on that commutator.

And BTW, I got the distinct feeling that Honda did _not_ mean for that
motor to be removed from the plastic housing for service. What a pain in
the arse.