Old August 6th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
gmccx

Default 95 Del Sol VTEC intermittent fan problem

'Curly Q. Links' wrote:
> gmccx wrote:
>
>>The heater/AC blower has gotten slightly flakey a few times lately where
>> it just doesn't turn on with the switch but after trying it several
>>times it eventually starts and runs fine.
>>
>>I can see in the Honda manual a few places that could cause this...
>>underwood relay, the switch itself, the resistor pack, etc.
>>
>>Is there any track record for the 95 Del Sol/Civic cars as to the most
>>likely failure point for this?

> Have you had problems with rain dripping on the passenger's floor in the
> past?
>
> 'Curly'

Nope. I'm probably going to see about the relay first since the thing
wouldn't run at any speed setting. And it's currently happening so
rarely that it will be tough to narrow down. I just thought maybe one
part or another of that vintage Civic/DelSol might have a track record
of some particular component failing over time. (it's 10 years old but
has only about 60K on it so far)