Old April 18th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Gasoline with Ethanol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel

> mho
> vƒe

Out of date, but more complete than most I have seen.

National average is now 158.7 bu/ac. Nearly 13% above the quoted
average of 140. 2005 numbers are not out yet, but are probably higher
than that(2005 was a good year for most regions).

Many of Pimentel's arguments are based on old or flawed
information(please refer to:
http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol_rooster.html).

I am not saying that ethanol is the final solution to our energy
problems, but it is a pretty good interim solution. At the very least,
we are buying our own product vs importing oil. That alone should be
worth something to us.

JW