Old June 24th 05, 06:38 PM

This is potentially a carbon monoxide problem. There may be a leak from
the exhaust system that is bleeding through the air conditioner.

Take the vehicle (with the windows open and a/c off) to a dealer or
maybe your local fire station. They can check the air quality fairly
quickly and it should be free.

Then you need to find the problem. A diagram of which air vents open
with the a/c may help identify the source of a leak. Check exhaust
manifolds and pipes.

You will NOT smell Carbon monoxide BUT if it is an exhaust leak you
should smell the other combustion products.