Old January 28th 05, 03:04 PM
Bob Shuman

You do not provide any basic information like year, engine, mileage, last
tuned date, any other preventative maintenance done and when. These could
help to narrow the problem. That said, it sounds like something is failing
or not operating as designed since the engine computer has sensed an error
condition. Given you did not notice any drivability problems, I'd suspect
something simple, like maybe a clogged EGR valve, or possibly worn out spark
plugs or ignition wires.

Good luck in identifying the problem. If the check engine light comes and
stays on, then you can query the computer to get the error code and
hopefully identify why it was illuminated.

Bob