Old January 13th 05, 04:36 PM

Jay,

Apparently, you're an officer yourself? Just curious. There're people
that deliberately speed. Then there're some that inadverdently speed.
And then there're some who do speed (at least when they get the ticket;
see last paragraph for more) When one gets a ticket, he's always at
fault?

I've nothing against law enforcement officers. Frankly, I just wish
they show up when I was tailgated (within inches) on a freeway and take
the idiot behind me away. Or when I was cut off (within inches) by
someone
who doesn't even bother to signal, etc.

Anyhow, there're inevitably bad apples on a big tree. What if someone
accused is really innocent? And it's the "bad" cop that is at fault.
Do
you see such a scenario possible? How do you say the "victim" should
defend himeself??

It seems to me, given all the responses I got here, that the justice
system
almost always sides with the cops. Naturally, it's really easy for a
cop
to "get away"! That's what I see.