Old January 9th 05, 10:10 PM
Magnulus

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> Same reason it's illegal to wear stereo headphones: it impairs your
> ability to hear horns, sirens, and bullhorn instructions.

Helmets don't all interfere with hearing.

> The silly part is, these same states who outlaw headphones for hearing
> people will gladly give driver's licenses to deaf people.

Yes, that is stupid. If they are going to allow deaf people to drive
(which, I believe they should, with some caveats), why not allow people to
use headphones while they drive?

Laws like this (no helmets, no headphones but allow people to drive) just
shows how stupidly beaurocratic the State can be.