Old February 2nd 08, 05:23 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_2_]

Default dead battery and more, advice?

wrote:
> I have just come inside from trying to start my car. The problem is,
> not only is my battery dead (new bat 2 years ago), but I can not open
> my doors manually. Audi claims that when the battery is dead, one is
> able to open the doors manually (like every other car out there).
> However, my 2000 A4 is not living-up to these claims. Has anyone heard
> of this before? Is it more than my battery? I would like to get an
> idea of whether I need to take it to the dealer, or simply get a new
> battery, before I call AAA to break into my car and give me a jump.
> Thanks...

Because of the central locking system most people do not use the key in
the door locks. The locks can become stuck over time. You might try to
inject some WD 40 or other similar lubricant into the lock and then try
to work it with the key until it loosens up.