Old August 27th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
aarcuda69062

Default air conditioner compressor

In article
. com>,
"WireSpool" > wrote:

> PLEASE HELP!!
> I need to charge my air conditioning system but the compressor is
> not running which is necessary for the charging process.

No, not necessary.

> I charged it once this spring and it worked very well. But I
> didn't put any dye in it to help find a leak, so of course it
> eventually leaked out and now needs more freon r134a. This time I was
> going to put the dye in but I'm stuck because the compressor is not
> running. I'm pretty sure it's cause the low pressure switch is not
> allowing it to run.

The purpose of the low pressure switch is to keep from burning up
the compressor due to lack of lubrication. You really sure you
want to defeat this?
Also; after multiple leaks, are you giving any thought to
evacuating the system, i.e., a deep vacuum to remove moisture or
how much oil is in the system?

> In my Haynes book it says that this is not uncommon
> and is easily taken care of by unplugging the low pressure wire plug
> and jumping the wires and the compressor will run continuously allowing
> me to fill with freon. The ONLY trouble with this whole thing is that
> they don't show me where and what this plug looks like. The last thing
> I want to do is start crossing wires and short something out.
> If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Your lack of understanding WRT proper service procedures is apt
to create numerous problems/failures.