Old January 9th 05, 02:47 PM

Default Electrical Problems

I have a number of problems on my Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0. The first is
that the Hand Brake and ABS light indicators on the dashboard flash
occasionally, most noticably after going over a bump. The speedometer
also sometimes cuts out before coming straight back on and was
wondering if anyone had any ideas.

The Second problem I am having relates to the AirBag Warning Light
being on constantly. The problem initially occured when my car went in
for its 70,000 mile service. When I picked the car up I noticed that
only some of the electrics were working on the dashboard when the
lights were on full beam only. Other items affected include the 3
console dials not lighting up, the horn does not work, the speedometer
does not function, the wind screen wipers only work very slowly if at
all also the indicators flash much quicker than normal. I took the car
back to the garage (Perrys of Aylesbury) where they told me the
problem was due to a faulty Air Bag ECU and in deed this did appear to
solve the problem however upon the completion of cleaning my car
recently the problems have all started again I also topped up the
washer fluid so had the bonnet open fo 2 minutes.

I would be extremely greatful if anyone could shed some light on
either of the above faults as I have lost all faith with the garage.

On another note does anyone know what make of car radio is in the Alfa
Romeo GTV and does the car come pre fitted with all of the necessary
connections for a CD Multi Changer.

Kind Regards

An otherwise happy Alfa Romeo Owner.