Old June 17th 04, 02:49 AM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:49:59 -0400, "R" >
wrote:

>What kind of repairs were done on your S4?
>

> wrote in message
.. .
>> My 2000 S4 with 41000 miles will end its lease in 6 months. I am
>> considering purchasing it off-lease, but am concerned about future
>> repair costs since I've already had some expensive repairs. Can
>> anyone tell me about extended warrantees? What is available? Is it
>> worth it, or is it better to risk going without one? Thanks.
>> Bob from Baltimore

The car is currently in the shop for a new air pump (for emissions
control) for the fourth time! Fortunately, the factory is covering the
cost once again. I also had to replace both turbos at 39000 miles.
The factory paid 3/4 of that bill even though the car was out of
warranty ( my share was still $2200). You can understand my being a
little gun-shy.