Old August 14th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

Default Saturn vs Honda Civic Drag Race on TV

You may think it looks stupid, but it is VERY effective at improving
traction.

From http://www.modernracer.com/tips/drag...echniques.html :

"The drive wheels make a big difference in the way your car launches. Most
front-wheel-drive cars lose traction and spin the front wheels more easily
because the sudden acceleration transfers weight off of the front wheels
toward the rear. This is the reason why front-wheel-drive pro drag-racing
cars have wheelie bars installed at the back, to keep the front end pressed
to the ground. You have to launch using less throttle than you would with a
rear-wheel-drive, to avoid excessive wheelspin, and then you gradually apply
more throttle as you gain traction. "

Fire up a search engine, and you can find a lot of info on this subject.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

oups.com...