Old October 2nd 04, 11:52 PM
Stef

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Catman > wrote:
>Had two falures to proceed today, both caused by the same thing (according
>to the AA), no power to fuel pump.
>
>Pump is probably OK as it seems fine when power is applied.
>
>First time it was fixed byt putting in a new relay.
>Second time it was fixed by......
>
>..... putting in an old relay.
>
>Any suggestions of where to start looking for the dodgy contact?

The relay socket. And check it real good! I had it on my old 33.
Finally I found out that one contact was not secured in the socket
so it would be pushed back if you put the relay in. But it would
_look_ okay with the relay removed. Solved by pushing in the wire
from the back and check by pulling gently.

>I would post this to the yahoo group, but I've forgotten my login....

Which group would that be?

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

The British are coming! The British are coming!