Old July 15th 05, 05:33 AM
aarcuda69062

In article >,
"Coasty" > wrote:

> "aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "maxpower" > wrote:
> >
> >> Don't waste your time on him, Its an ego thing that he has. Do like most
> >> people do here and that is to ignore his stupidity

> > Perhaps you'd like to point out specifically where Daniel is in
> > error.

> He was wrong in several areas, EPA however has approved Freeze12 as a
> replacement along with several others see link
> http://www.epa.gov/ozone/snap/refrig...sts/mvacs.html

Daniel never made any sort of claim that Freeze 12 wasn't on the
SNAP list.
If you can bring up a post of his to the contrary, I'd love to
see it.

> Yes EPA certification can be gained rather easily from many sources, which
> highlights all the rules nothing about repair and maintenance of systems.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the price of tea in China.
Given all the classes you claim to have attended, I find it
surprising that it hasn't occurred to you that the EPA is in the
business of enforcing environmental policy, not how to repair an
automobile.

> In the state where I live I hold a Masters HVAC license and Stern just really
> does not have any practical knowledge.

Well, I've known him for at least eight years, and I disagree.

> Also, where I live it is illegal to
> buy R12 and transport into the State if you get caught you can lose
> everything.

Since R-12 isn't illegal and there is none being manufactured in
the United States and thusly, your state, the question is; how do
the wholesalers get R-12 into your state for legitimate re-sale
without "losing everything?"

> Many States have their own environmental laws that tighten up
> the Federal EPA laws that is why R12 is so expensive here if you buy it
> legally.

Yes, I believe I'd already cited examples to that effect in my
reply to Bill Putney.

> As said before, I show mine if he shows his and if I was a betting man he is
> not EPA certified or has a Master HVAC license.

You'd lose that bet.

> Also, I attend refresher EPA training every two years to keep up on the
> changing laws. One call to the EPA hot line for doing something wrong could
> ruin a person and company. It is a $10k fine for each occurrence and they
> list their violators so in many cases the days of the shade tree HVAC do it
> yourself are gone, unless you want to risk fines or jail.

ISTR reading this somewhere else...

> Recently I was at a local land fill where people just toss their AC units
> refrigerators into a box for scrap, there were over 55 items in the bin, 55x
> $10k is a lot of
> money that could be mine for a free call. I contacted the head of the
> Counties waste management and pointed out the error of their ways. Two days
> later they asked me to bid on the recovery of the units, and I refused
> because of implications. Now the County has one of the HVAC mechanics
> recovering everything that comes in as per the EPA.

So?

> People treat the law as non-applicable to themselves until they get caught
> then it is everyone else's fault and people who say it is ok to do so
> perpetuate the situation. I also belong to several National Organizations
> which continuously keep up on the changing laws, and HVAC equipment
> maintenance and repair.

Then you should appreciate Daniel's comments since he has been
citing chapter and verse the fact that there is no such thing as
a "drop in replacement" for R-12.

> It is easy to read something and interpret some information that is only 1/3
> of the equation practical knowledge is the other 2/3 of the equation.

You -do- realize that this is usenet, don't you?
I suppose somewhere in the future there will be three dimensional
computer monitors and forums such as this will allow a
realization of that other "2/3 of the equation."